The Morrison Government chose to support businesses not workers during the pandemic and left over a million casual and migrant workers out in the cold. Now they want to ram through changes to workplace laws that will push more people into precarious work, cut pay and conditions, and limit our power to fight back.
The Morrison Government’s harsh new anti-worker laws will make work more insecure and more unfair for all workers now and into the future and will damage our economy and society by taking money out of the pockets of young workers. This is the most serious attack on workers’ rights in a generation. If we don’t stop these laws, our society and our work will be less fair and secure in the future.
Together we can build a powerful movement to stop these attacks on young workers and our future. Sign the petition or tell us your story on the form below so we can make a powerful collective submission to the Senate Committee which is examining the proposed laws.
These proposed laws must be completely fixed so that no worker is worse off, or they must be completely rejected.
The Morrison Government’s proposed new anti-worker laws will:
* allow employers to cut pay and conditions by removing protections that require all Agreements to make you better off in dollar terms than the Award and the National Employment standards safety-net.
* give employers more power to change your working hours, location and conditions to improve their business bottom line even if they haven’t been affected by the corona virus crisis – this is flexibility but it’s all for the employers’ benefit.
* make low paid, precarious jobs the new standard of work for all Australians by giving employers power to make any job casual.
* cut pay such as overtime rates for many part-time workers.
These changes are not the reasonable, minor adjustments that the Morrison Government wants you to believe. These changes give more power to employers, strip rights from workers and damage the economy and our futures by making everyone except bosses worse off.
Check out our Quick Explainer to find out more about how the anti-worker laws would impact you.
We’re fighting back. Join us!
1. Tell us your story using the form below. Your submission will be included with other young workers in a powerful collective Young Workers Centre submission to the Senate Committee. Check out the explainer below the form.
2. Join our campaign. We are young workers organising a powerful movement. We’re taking action to stop the Morrison Government from destroying our future.
3. Sign the petition. Register your opposition to these anti-worker laws.
3. Talk to your friends, family and coworkers about what the Morrison Government is proposing and how it will impact all Australian workers, now and in the future. Check out our Quick Explainer here.
You can be part of the Young Workers Centre’s powerful collective submission to the Senate Committee which is currently considering the proposed laws. Find out more here.