Volunteer with the Young Workers Centre
At the Young Workers Centre, we fight to stop wage theft and exploitation and and hold dodgy bosses to account so young workers get a fair deal at work.
Volunteers are crucial to the work we do. Whether you are creating educational programs and running workshops, designing and running exciting campaigns, or creating impactful submissions and reports about the experiences of young workers, the work you do as a YWC volunteer makes a difference for young workers.
In 2021, we have volunteer positions available in our Outreach, Research and Campaign teams. The time commitment for volunteer positions is negotiable but ideally at least 3 hours per fortnight. The second cohort for 2021 commences on Monday 3 August and finishes on Friday 8 October. Applications close on Friday 9th July. Apply via the form below.
Join our Outreach team
Outreach volunteers help to build awareness of rights at work and health and safety and to empower young workers in the community.
As an Outreach Volunteer, you work as part of a team developing and delivering presentations and workshops and creating innovative ways to educate young workers about rights at work.
If you are passionate about education and empowering young people, this is the role for you. You will build your skills in designing and delivering educational programs, making presentations and public speaking.
- design educational sessions & workshops;
- deliver sessions & workshops at schools, universities and for community organisations;
- conduct outreach events;
- liaise with community and educational organisations to develop an effective and impactful educational program.
Join our Campaigns team
Campaign volunteers help to research, design and develop campaigns to make the world of work better for all young workers.
As a Campaigns Volunteer, you work as part of a team on creative and innovative campaigns organising with young workers to fight back against exploitation and wage theft.
If you are passionate about fighting to make the world a better place and want to join other young workers in campaigns to stop wage theft and hold dodgy bosses for account, this is the role for you. You will build your skills in campaign theory and planning, organising strategy and tactics.
- design and run impactful campaigns that organise and mobilise young workers
- create campaign publications and materials (social media etc.);
- liaise with community and youth organisations to build a movement of young people fighting for change.
Join our Research team
Research volunteers research, write and publish topical, impactful submissions, reports and materials about young workers’ rights and the fight to end exploitation at work for all young people.
If you are passionate about research and writing, telling peoples’ stories and creating powerful arguments to help win a better world of work, this is the role for you.
- research the latest in workers’ rights and issues faced by young workers;
- develop well researched legal and academic arguments to support campaigns for young workers;
- design and run surveys;
- write publications, submissions and fact sheets.